Monday, June 15, 2009

Finally...a computer

Wow it´s taken forever to find some good time with a computer! So much to say I don´t know where to start. I have been keeping notes along the way so I have things to relay here. Figured that would be better than trying to trust my memory. I´m getting old, so I don´t remember much anymore. I found more gray hair too!! Grrr...

So overall, I am doing well... I have managed to stay healthy, which apparently is really difficult here since my host mom got a bout of pneumonia, the doctor (and my friend, Max) picked up a stomach parasite and the girls I came here with have all been sick or got an infection or something. So knock on wood I will stay healthy. The worst I have endured so far is an attack by the killer ticks!! There were a couple in my bed last night apparently cuz I woke up this morning with 3 massive bites on my legs that are both incredibly itchy and hot to the touch. They are huge welts and if the swelling doesn´t go down by tomorrow, Max is going to put me on antibiotics. Now anyone who knows me well knows how much I dislike chemical drugs so I am not overly pleased with this idea, but I suppose it´s better than itching and burning...

I will be posting all the major things I have been up to in individual posts since it´s just easier and makes all this shorter. Overall, I have been having a blast. I have jumped off a waterfall, gone sightseeing, been to a Honduran wedding, worked tones at the clinic, spent a fortune, saw 4 movies and went without electricity and hot water for 53 hours. Not too bad for a relatively short amount of time. My Spanish is pretty solid and I am very very proud of my progress. So when I get back, I am hoping those of you that can speak Spanish will help me keep it up. I guess it gives me a good excuse to go to Mexico!! Practicing Spanish!! Once their pigs are healthy again... haha.

Hope all is well where you are. I hear there was snow back home at the beginning of June... HAHAHAHAHAHA.... sorry... no Im not, that´s funny...

Hugs n stuff

1 comment:

Mary & Rick said...

Well, HAHAHAHA to you too (or maybe the laugh's sadly on us again--oops). I'm catching up reading this at 8:10 pm our time (6:10 Tegucigalpa time) on June 25 and, according to your little sidebar graphic, the temperature where you are is 18C while here it's a balmy 24C. Way too balmy. It's making ME balmy. Oh, for some time in temperate Honduras.
Enjoy.
Mary & Rick