Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Big thanks to Wendy Venables for sending me this! Love you Mama Bear!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to__________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, or issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE BLUES away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. REMEMBER GOD heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. Share this with everyone you care about. I just did.
May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing but happiness come through your door!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Yesterday's drive was nice although it rained during the entire time. I didn't stop at the pink pretty mall this time (haha- Mall of America). Today was gorgeous until the flood. So here's to getting back into the land of the Canuck tomorrow. Then I will have an overnight at home with Dad and then he and I are off to Vancouver for my cousin Jeff's wedding Saturday. That drive is about 14-15hours so that will make almost 4 full days of driving for me. Dad and I will be back in the Hat on Tuesday night (the 22nd??) then I am home until May 6th. YAY
My flight schedule has changed a bit to incorporate the extension from Calgary to Toronto. So here it is, my itinerary (all local times)
Wednesday, May 6
Leaving Calgary: 1010am
Arriving Toronto: 350pm
Thursday May 7
Leaving Toronto: 615am
Arriving Miami: 925am
Leaving Miami: 1040am
Arriving Tegucigalpa: 1100am
Thursday August 6
Tegucigalpa to Miami: 1215pm to 435pm
Miami to Toronto: 820pm to 1130pm
Friday August 7
Toronto to Calgary: 700am to 910am
Countdown is on!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Things are coming together quite nicely and I can't believe that it is all happening so quickly now; it's like someone pushed the overdrive button and bam- it is now mid April and I am leaving for home in 5 days! Still no flight date yet, but I'm not too worried about that yet. I missed an email sent to us from Joe, the guy buying our tickets, and he said that I was to check all my info and passport number and get back to him and I never did as I didn't receive the email. So I hope that there isn't any issues... it would be so typical if there was an issue now that I am leaving.
I have emailed some alumni and students going with me and I got some lovely responses and advice. Thanks so much to Lihn, Emily, Alex and Kristen (who will be going with me). You have been a fountain of info that really helped make this sound a bit more real.
I'll add more later today. Just wanted to say thanks.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
I am thinking about having a get together at my house to see everyone before I take off, but it is yet to be determined. Should probably ask the Dad before I throw a party- again. Although he should be used to this by now... me coming home usually means booze food and loads of people. HELL YEAH!!
So... it would seem as though all my ducks are in order now. My passport is set, my shots are done (one set left once I get home) and I am working on finding everything on my packing list. If you can help me out with left overs, please let me know. Gonna try and see if I can add a To Do list to this blog thing.
THANK YOU to all the people who donated money to my fundraiser. I managed to get my $2000 in time! You guys ROCK!! CHEERS!
View Larger Map
Monday, April 6, 2009
I will most definitely be writing according to how I feel at the time and rest assured that my spunky sense of humor shall remain. This is now about me and not a school project and I am excited to share this with you.
So for all of you who have followed me this far, thanks for staying with me. For all new friends on board, welcome and enjoy.