Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Almost there!

Wow.... 7 days left! Holy cow! Well I made it home back to Medicine Hat. I drove 31 hours or so to get from KW to Medicine Hat from Tuesday April 14 to Thursday April16, oicked my father up and drove another 13 hours to Vancouver on Friday April 17. My cousin Jeff got married on Saturday the 18th and then Dad and I spent Sunday and Monday in Vancouver visiting people and going to our favourite places. We drove back to Medicine Hat on Tuesday April 21. So that puts me at about 5000kms in a week! UGH! Since I have been home I have managed to get quite a bit accomplished and I have seen heaps of friends and got to Calgary for a bit of shopping.

As of Friday May 1 I will no longer have a phone!! Oh my LORD ABOVE! It will be like someone chopping off my left hand I think....haha. No texts (much to Derek's happiness, I cost him $500 in texts and phone calls-oops) no calls.. nothing. So, that being said, if you need to get a hold of me, you can call me at my father's house (message me if you need the number) but he doesn't have an answer phone so could be tricky. Your best bet will be to try and find me online. But even that won't last... last day online will be May 5 then nothing until I can get to a computer once I am there.


I still have quite a bit to do, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea of leaving for the summer. I know it will be a kick ass time and I will be so happy once I am there, but as all the other people going with me, I am saddened by all the things I will be missing out on this summer. My apologies to Steve and Bridget for missing their wedding in July, and to some of my friends whose 30th b-days happen while I am gone...totally sucks.


Right now I am watching Willy Wonka with my neice Rebekkah. We are watching the original cuz I like it better. I now know why people have kids... it's so you can actually indulge yourself in all the things you want to do but think too childish so you blame it on your kids. LOL. I think it's a great idea!!


Loads of things left to do, so I best get onto them. Thanks for reading my blog... didn't think anyone really was.. but it's nice to know that you are.


Hugs n stuff

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad to hear things are coming together for you dear. It does suck to have to miss out on stuff, I totally hear you. But I'm betting it will be worth the trade-off. Thanks for posting! It's nice to know what you are up to so far away.

Krista said...

Kate,

wow this is very late, but I hope your drive home went well, and your driving everywhere else too :) Departure is so soon! Your pictures are wonderful, and thanks for sharing everything you've been up to! Have a safe and fun fun fun trip this summer:)

Georgie_Bosnia-Herz_09 said...

lol I LOVE your posts!!! I can't imagine nights without my laptop watching ctv/mtv and or talking to you guys online! it's going to be ..um.. an adjustment! lol "until next times" are hard but August will be here b4 we know it! :D Safe journey!