Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A switch was flicked

I had the most interesting thing happen on the weekend (other than my date) and I can only say that I am trul thankful for it. I don't know how or why or really even when, but sometime this weekend I got the fight back in me for this trip and all the things associated with it. I think in some ways it had to do with working with everyone on the pancake breakfast. I really felt like a team that day and I was so proud of our successes and I was so proud to watch everyone overcome some of their self proclaimed weakness and we all worked together to solve the lack of food problem- chocolate chips and whipping cream is a cure all I think. :o)

So I am hoping that I am not out of time with all this because there has been a new fire lit inside me that I am really hoping to flourish regarding this whole thing. I think I needed some help getting excited about going because all the trials and roadblocks that were put in front of me really discouraged and me and brought me down. But today I feel good and although I am not yet excited to go (I have too much to do) I know that I will be and I don't know who or what to thank, but Thanks.

5 comments:

j. said...

glad to hear this... it just goes to show how powerful chocolate chips and whipped cream can be... right? :)

Krista said...

Kate,

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better about this and ready to fight for it. Everything will come together and I'm sure you'll be excited for it by the time it happens:)

Krista

Georgie_Bosnia-Herz_09 said...

:D Good to hear! :D

Ruby Ku said...

what would we do without chocolate chips and whipped cream.

Roatan Boat Charters said...

Good stuff. It is interesting to read comments.