Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I got shot!

Hey everyone!

So I am now back in my hometown of Medicine Hat enjoying both Reading Week and 4 birthdays this week- can we say Gong Show?? haha. Happy Birthday to me, Amanda, Andrea, Phil, Jason, and Christine. There are actually 6 of us with the same birthdate (Feb 19th) and once we all went out at the same time; it was amusing. But anywho, I have found myself with some extra time on my hands and thought what better to do with my time than to try and catch up on here.

I just got most of my shots for Honduras today- ouch. I got Hepatitis A and B, Typhoid, Tetanus, MMR (which I believe is for Mumps, Measles and something). So holding my birthday booze tomorrow should be amusing. :o) I still have to get my next Hepatitis (since they come in 3s) and I think there is another one that was recommended. Plus I have to get my malaria tablets and something for travellers diarrehea (hot!) and a treated mosquito net (they don't call it Mosquito Coast for nothing). Apparently there are other diseases out there as well that there aren't vaccines for...joy.

So far I only have $100 raised for my trip but I am having a party Sunday so we shall see what happens. I have good friends so I'm not too worried. I think I am going to go back to my story and catch you up on what happened after I got my envelope and see if I can find more cool stuff on Honduras to tell you about.

Cheers :o)




1 comment:

j. said...

GOOD LUCK KATE!

and happy belated birthday as well :)