Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Almost home

WOW! I am now in Minot, North Dakota. I have a serious hate on for this state... last summer when I was moving to KW I did this drive and there wasn't a single hotel room in the entire state (not even a by-the-hour- kind). I ended up driving for almost 20 hours that day to get myself into Fargo before I could get a hotel. UGH. This time, North Dakota is flooded! I was so pissed when I saw that my road was closed due to flooding and it was raining! I had a mini panic but found a gas station and the lady there told me I could take a different route and still get onto the interstate I needed. YAY! So I started driving and once I saw the destruction that this flood has caused, I felt really really crappy for getting all bent about the extra hour and a half added to my drive. I took some pics but will have to wait till tomorrow when I get home to upload them from my camera. Terrible.

Yesterday's drive was nice although it rained during the entire time. I didn't stop at the pink pretty mall this time (haha- Mall of America). Today was gorgeous until the flood. So here's to getting back into the land of the Canuck tomorrow. Then I will have an overnight at home with Dad and then he and I are off to Vancouver for my cousin Jeff's wedding Saturday. That drive is about 14-15hours so that will make almost 4 full days of driving for me. Dad and I will be back in the Hat on Tuesday night (the 22nd??) then I am home until May 6th. YAY

My flight schedule has changed a bit to incorporate the extension from Calgary to Toronto. So here it is, my itinerary (all local times)

Wednesday, May 6
Leaving Calgary: 1010am
Arriving Toronto: 350pm

Thursday May 7
Leaving Toronto: 615am
Arriving Miami: 925am

Leaving Miami: 1040am
Arriving Tegucigalpa: 1100am

RETURNING:

Thursday August 6

Tegucigalpa to Miami: 1215pm to 435pm
Miami to Toronto: 820pm to 1130pm

Friday August 7
Toronto to Calgary: 700am to 910am

Countdown is on!

3 comments:

Ruby Ku said...

i miss you :(

Jen DW said...

good luck Kate... drive safe, and have fun, make sure you relax before your Ecuador departure :)

all the best!

Amy said...

I am all for road trips, but that is one heck of a drive you had to make dear! Glad it went pretty well okay. I miss you already but I know we will both have great summers and many stories to tell when we meet again.