Saturday, March 14, 2009

No expectations

I have finally managed to get through almost everyone's blogs now and comment on most everything.. sorry it took so long. While reading some of them, there was a common theme of "this is what I hope to experience, learn, etc" and I started to realize that I don't think I have any expectations about my trip at all. It's not cuz I'm not interested or excited or anything that I am not thinking about it. I think it's just as I said before; if I don't have any expectations then I won't be disappointed or surprised. I will get a better chance of being present in the moment (as seems to be a popular theme amongst us BB'ers right now). I have no idea what to expect when I get there. I am still trying to stop the pictures of mud huts and no water, because the country of Honduras has millions of people and lots of infrastructure. I don't know what I will be doing while I am there... that reminds me, I want to email some people about that. I think part of the excitement for me is letting go of control. Quite a few of us have discussed how we need lists and plans and a focus to feel comfortable. I used to think I wasn't that way inclined, but I look at my room full of Post It notes reminding me of stuff, and maybe I really am a list and plan person. So not having one while in Honduras will be a cool challenge to me. I am still debating whether or not to do away with technology whist there and come back free from my phone... lol

No comments: